If you have any vehicle, then you must have made rounds of RTO. If you do not have a car, you will have to go to the RTO office whenever you buy a new vehicle in the future. So have you ever wondered what RTO is? What is the work done in RTO? Why does the Vehicle Owner go to the RTO office? What is the RTO Full Form?
What is RTO? What is the complete form of RTO?
In this post, I will give you complete information about what is RTO? What is the full form of RTO? Which works related to vehicles are done in RTO.
So what happens if you RTO? If you want to get complete information about it, then definitely read this post thoroughly.
RTO Full Form
RTO Full Form is Regional Transport Office.
RTO is called Regional Transport Office.
All the Regional Transport Offices function under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India. All major types of work related to vehicles are done in RTO only.
What is RTO?
RTO, called Regional Transport Office, works under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India. RTO has been established in almost all the cities of every single state of India.
Only the Regional Transport Office available in area issues driving license in that area, registers new vehicles, road tax of vehicles, collects vehicle excise duty in the form of road fund. Apart from this, the responsibility of the RTO is to inspect the insurance of the car and conduct pollution tests.
The RTO database is prepared for all the work done in the Regional Transport Office. Based on the RTO database, the government knows how many registered vehicles are there in an area and how many driving licenses, how many vehicles have deposited tax etc.
What are the functions of RTO (Regional Transport Office)?
Following types of work are done in the RTO office:-
1. Issue of Driving Licenses – The RTO issues the driving license and maintains a complete record of the driving license issued.
2. Issuance of Vehicle Registration Certificate – When a person buys a new vehicle, he has to get the registration of that new vehicle done in the RTO itself. After the registration of the vehicle, the vehicle registration certificate is issued to its owner. In which Vehicle Ownership, Vehicle Details are there.
3.Deposit of Vehicle Excise Duty and Road Tax – Road tax, vehicle excise duty of vehicles is deposited in the RTO itself.
4. The RTO also does the work of issuing permits to the drivers.
5. Every RTO is responsible for carrying out the functions and activities laid down in the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
6. The fitness certificate of the vehicle is also issued by this office only.
7. Record keeping of all the drivers and vehicles in that area is also done by the Regional Transport Office.
From the RTO database, this information is readily known in which state a vehicle is registered, the vehicle’s owner, and the vehicle’s model.
Apart from this, RTO maintains a database of whether the vehicle is insured or not, whether the pollution test of the vehicle is straightforward or not? Overall, it can be said that all types of work-related to vehicles is done in RTO. For this reason, every single vehicle owner must visit the RTO office.
I hope that by reading this post, you know what is RTO, what is its function and what is the full form of RTO? Would have known about If this post has proved helpful to you, then do share this post on social media.