A driving license has become an essential document in the country for driving two-wheeler and four-wheeler vehicles. If, for some reason, your original driving license is lost or your driving license is outdated and ripped off. In such a situation, you may have to pay the penalty if you are caught while driving. In such a situation, if you want to avoid paying the fine, then you should immediately apply for a Duplicates DL driving license. Let us tell you; a duplicate driving license can be used both online and offline in the country. Let us know how you can apply for the same driving license in both these ways.
Documents required for duplicate driving license
- If your Driving License has been lost or stolen, you should get a copy of an FIR related to it.
- Apart from this, you also need an application form called LLD.
- If your license cut is torn, then you must submit it to the original as well.
- Full details of driving license
- Passport size photo
- Age and address certificate
- Original driving license photocopy
How to apply for duplicate DL online?
- Go to the official website of your state’s transport department
- Enter your information here and fill in the LLD form.
- Now get a copy of this form, i.e., print out.
- Directly attach all your necessary documents here
- Now you have to submit this form and all your documents to your RTO office, although you can also do this online.
After the online driving license process is completed, you will be given a duplicate driving license at the given address via Indian post within 30 days. At the same time, tell you that you will get a transcript after the complete paperwork, which you have to take care of till you get a duplicate driving license.
How to apply for a duplicate driving license offline?
- The RTO office from which the original driving license was issued to you will have to go there again.
- Now here you have to take the LLD form and fill it.
- Apart from this, you will also have to pay nominal fees of Rs 200 with this form here.
- After the entire process, you will be given a duplicate driving license at the address provided via Indian post within 30 days.