Mangla Gauri Vrat 2021: Devotees worship Lord Shiva in the month of Shravan, and on every Tuesday of the month of Shravan, women observe Mangala Gauri Vrat. Please God and Goddess and scroll down to know the significance of this special day.
The month of Shravan is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati. This festival is celebrated in North and South Indian states, but North India follows the Purnimanta calendar while South India follows the Amanta calendar. Hence there is a gap of fifteen days from the beginning of Shravan month.
In Sawan, devotees worship Lord Shiva, and women observe Mangala Gauri fast every Tuesday of the month of Sawan. The last Mangla Gauri fast is on 17 August 2021.
Mangla Gauri Vrat 2021: Date and Time
- First Mangala Gauri Vrat: 27 July 2021, Tuesday
- Second Mangala Gauri Vrat: 3 August 2021, Tuesday
- Third Mangala Gauri Vrat: 10 August 2021, Tuesday
- Fourth or last Mangala Gauri Vrat: 27 July 2021, Tuesday
Significance of Mangala Gauri Vrat
Mangala Gauri Vrat is considered to be one of the most auspicious fasts among Hindus. It is mainly performed by married women to please Goddess Parvati, who symbolises her power to overcome turmoil and fulfil her desires. Unmarried girls can also worship and keep a fast to get the life partner they want.
Story of Mangala Gauri Vrat
Once upon a time, there lived a wealthy merchant Dharampal. His wife was excellent, and he was happy with his peaceful life. After praying for many years, both were blessed with a son, but they were cursed. Some astrologers had predicted that at the age of 16, he would die of snakebite.
Fortunately, he got married before sixteen to a girl whose mother Mangala Gauri observed a fast. Since this short is very fruitful, her daughter was blessed with a happy life, and her husband was saved from the curse. As a result, he lived a blissful life.
Mangla Gauri Vrat Rituals
- Wake up early in the morning and take a bath and wear clean clothes.
- Lay a red cloth on a wooden platform.
- Install idols of Goddess Parvati and Lord Ganesha.
- Worship is done with a wheat flour lamp.
- Turmeric, Kumkum, Akshat, betel nut and vermilion etc., are offered.
- Mangala Gauri Stotra is recited.
- Naivedya is offered.
- Aarti of Mangala Gauri is performed.
- Ask for forgiveness with folded hands for unintentional sins and mistakes.
- On the next day, immerse the idol of the goddess in a river or pond.
Mangla Gauri Vrat 2021 Mantra
Sarv Mangal Mangalye Shivae Sarvartha said hike.
Sharanye Tryambake Gauri Narayani Namostute.