Lockdown in Rajasthan: Given the rapid increase in the cases of COVID-19 in Rajasthan. The state government has announced a lockdown of 15 days from Monday and will remain in force till 3 May. The Home Department has issued new guidelines in this matter late on Sunday night, which is named ‘Public Discipline Fortnight’. During this period, all offices except those connected with essential services will remain closed.
Lockdown in Rajasthan Restrictions
- Shops related to essential household items, fruits, dairy products, etc., will be open till 1 pm.
- Vegetable vendors have been allowed to sell their goods till 7 pm.
- Petrol pumps will be open till 8 pm.
- Transport will remain open in the state.
- Factories and manufacturing units will also be operational.
- NREGA projects will also continue to ensure regular employment to workers.
- As per the guidelines, markets, malls, shopping complexes, cinema halls, and all religious places will remain closed.
- All educational institutions, coaching centres, libraries, social and political programs, etc., have also been directed to be closed.
- All commercial offices and markets will be closed except for essential services.
Passengers at bus stops, metro stations and airports will have to show tickets for movement.
- People coming to Rajasthan from other states have to show the RT-PCR report within 72 hours of the journey.
- “Pregnant women will be allowed to travel to the hospital.
- Only 50 people will be allowed to attend marriage parties, while 20 for the funeral.
Telecom, Internet services, postal services, cable services etc., will remain open.