Earthquake in East Kameng: Earthquake tremors were felt in the East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh on Wednesday evening. According to the National Center for Seismology, the earthquake occurred at around 4:10 pm and had a magnitude of 3.4 on the Richter scale. At the same time, the depth of the earthquake has been recorded as 12 km. East Kameng has a border with China. There is no report of any damage due to the tremors of the quake.
Earthquake in East Kameng
In the last few days, continuous earthquake tremors have been felt in some parts of Arunachal. Earlier on October 5, an earthquake of 4.5 magnitudes had hit Pangin in the state. On October 4, Basar was hit by an earthquake of magnitude 4.2. Tremors of 4.1 magnitude earthquake were felt in the state on October 2. No loss of life or property was reported in all these earthquake incidents.
Earlier in the morning, an earthquake occurred in the Kalaburagi district of Karnataka, which measured 3.5 on the Richter scale. Since October 1, the North Karnataka region near Bidar and Kalaburagi has been hit six times by earthquakes. Out of this, two earthquakes struck Basavakalyan on October one and five and four times in Kalaburagi on October 9, 11 and 12.
According to the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre, a magnitude three struck near Gadikeswara village in Kalaburagi. An earthquake of magnitude 4 occurred at the same place at 9:55 pm. On Tuesday morning, an earthquake struck Kupnoor village in Chincholi, with its epicentre 1.6 km southwest of Kupnoor.
Protect yourself in this way in case of an earthquake
- Feel the earthquake’s tremors, in the same way, sit under a strong table and hold it tightly.
- Stay seated until the shaking continues, or you are sure that you can get out safely.
- If you live in a high building, then stay away from the window.
- If you are in bed, stay there and hold it tightly. Keep a pillow on your head.
- If you are outside, go to an empty place, i.e. away from buildings, houses, trees, electric poles.
- If driving a car, slow down the car and park it by taking it to an empty place.
- If you are outside, on the road or in the market, reach a nearby field or open place.
- Do not stay close to tall buildings and move away from them.
- If you are stuck inside somewhere, do not run, it can cause more strong tremors.
- Try to stay away from trees and electric wires.