Earthquake tremors were felt in Ladakh early on Wednesday morning. Its intensity has been measured at 3.6 on the Richter scale. There is no report of any casualty or damage in the earthquake. Apart from this, earthquake tremors were felt in two more states, Rajasthan and Meghalaya.
Apart from this, an earthquake of 5.3 magnitudes on the Richter scale occurred in Bikaner, Rajasthan, at 5:24 am today. The National Center for Seismology gave this information. At the same time, tremors of earthquake were felt in Meghalaya at 2:10 pm, whose intensity was measured at 4.1.
Earthquake tremors were also felt in Manipur.
Earlier on Saturday, the northeastern state of Manipur was shaken by the tremors of the earthquake. An earthquake struck Manipur at around 10.12 am on Saturday. According to the National Center for Seismology, the epicentre of the quake was in Ukhrul. There is no report of any damage due to this earthquake.
Why does an Earthquake happen?
The earth is divided into many layers, and there are many types of plates under the ground. These plates are stuck together, but sometimes these plates slip, due to which earthquake occurs. Sometimes it vibrates more, and its intensity increases. In India, some zones have been decided based on the geographical movement in the inner layers of the earth and in some places, it is more and some areas less.
Based on these possibilities, India has been divided into five zones, which tells that India is most prone to earthquakes. In this zone-5, earthquakes are most likely to have earthquakes, and in 4 less than that, three is less than that.
What to do and what not to do in case of an earthquake?
- As soon as you feel the earthquake’s tremors, you should sit under a strong table and hold it tightly.
- Stay seated until the tremors continue or you are sure you can get out safely.
- If you live in a tall building, stay away from the window.
- If you are in bed, stay there and hold it tightly. Keep a pillow on your head.
- If you are outside, move to an empty place… that is, away from buildings, houses, trees, electric poles.