Fire in Kamala Nehru Hospital: Big information related to Bhopal’s Kamala Nehru Hospital fire incident has come to light. Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) Fire Safety Officer KS Parihar has told that fire safety norms were not being followed in Kamala Nehru Hospital.
According to the report of Ravish Pal Singh associated with Aaj Tak, BMC had given notices to the hospital several times in this regard. Yet, the hospital administration did not show seriousness on the rules and regulations related to fire safety.
Fire in Kamala Nehru Hospital
“Despite giving several notices, Kamala Nehru Hospital did not follow the fire safety norms. Our team that arrived at the time of fire did not find fire safety equipment operational in the hospital. The hospital was running without NOC. He did not get the fire safety audit done”.
Quoting KS Parihar, Aaj Tak said that if the fire safety equipment in the hospital had worked properly, the lives of the four innocent children killed in this accident could have been saved. Also, it could have been prevented from becoming a major accident.
Four children lost their lives.
A fire broke out in the Kamala Nehru Hospital in Hamidia Hospital campus on 8 November. At that time, there were 40 newborns in the hospital. Of these, 36 children were shifted to another ward. But four children were burnt to death in the fire. According to some media reports, this number has increased to 5.
After the incident, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has ordered a high-level inquiry into the accident. Expressing grief over the incident, he tweeted,
The incident of fire in the child ward of Kamala Nehru Hospital in Bhopal is sad. The rescue operation was swift. A high-level inquiry has been ordered into the incident. The investigation will be done by ACS Public Health and Medical Education Mohammad Suleman.
अस्पताल के चाइल्ड वार्ड में आग की घटना बेहद दुखद है। बचाव कार्य तेजी से हुआ, आग पर काबू पा लिया गया, लेकिन दुर्भाग्यवश पहले से गंभीर रूप से बीमार होने पर भर्ती तीन बच्चों को नहीं बचाया जा सका।
— Shivraj Singh Chouhan (@ChouhanShivraj) November 8, 2021
On the other hand, State Medical Education Minister Vishwas Sarang expressed the apprehension that a short circuit caused the fire. He also said that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had announced a compensation of Rs 4 lakh each to the families of the deceased children. At the same time, he assured that strict action would be taken against those found guilty after the investigation.
Meanwhile, the reaction of Aamir, the father of a deceased child, also came. He said in a conversation with Aaj Tak,
“I went to meet my child at 6 o’clock. When I came back around 8:30, I saw that there was a fire here. The fire brigade was working to put out the fire. It wasn’t good. At 2-3 o’clock in the night, the children were taken inside the hospital to identify them. There I was informed that my child is no more”.
Aamir said that his child was only four days old, whose body he had not yet received.