The effect of reduction in import duty was on the price of oil and oilseeds in the local market. Everyone’s feelings broke down and came down. At the same time, the cost of mustard seeds being sold at a record level also came down by Rs 100 per quintal, while import duty has nothing to do with mustard.
Mustard Rate Decreased by Rs 100 Per Quintal
The government on late Friday night reduced the import duty of some edible oils by up to 5.5 per cent. Its effect was visible in the local oil-oilseeds market on Saturday. Almost all oil-oilseeds prices, including soybean, CPO and palmolein, maintained a declining trend and closed, showing losses.
Mustard price reduced from Rs 9500 to Rs 9400
Late Friday, the government decided to reduce import duty on edible oils like crude palm oil (CPO), palmolein, sunflower, soybean degum and soybean refined by 5.5 per cent to check rising prices of edible oils during the festive season. . After the decision to reduce the import duty, the prices of edible oils were seen falling in the oil market. Due to this, the overall declining trend was established, and the costs of oil and oilseeds like mustard also closed weak.
In Saloni Mandi also, the price of mustard seeds declined to Rs 9,400 per quintal from Rs 9,500 on Friday. On the other hand, despite the arrival of a new soybean crop in the mandis, there is confusion about its price and oil plants are buying it at different rates at different places.
Confusion about soybeans
Saloni Walon has a soybean processing plant in Kota, where its purchase works out to about Rs 11,000 a quintal, including all surcharges. The purchase price of soybean in Dhuria, Maharashtra, is Rs 9,200 per quintal (exclusive of tax), while in Latur Kirti, Maharashtra, the purchase price of soybean grain is Rs 9,000 per quintal (exclusive of tax). In the context of soybean, there is confusion due to the difference in prices at different places.
Prices of oil and oilseeds remained so in the mandis on Saturday
- Mustard oilseeds – 8,600 – 8,650 (42 percent condition price) Rs.
- Groundnut – 6,735 – Rs 6,880.
- Groundnut Oil Mill Delivery (Gujarat) – Rs 15,470.
- Groundnut Solvent Refined Oil – Rs 2,370 – Rs 2,500 per tin.
- Mustard oil Dadri – Rs 17,600 per quintal.
- Sarson Pakki Ghani – Rs 2,650 -2,700 per tin.
- Mustard Kachhi Ghani – Rs 2,735 – Rs 2,845 per tin.
- Sesame Oil Mill Delivery – 15,500 – 18,000 rupees.
- Palmolein RBD, Delhi – Rs 13,000.
- Palmolein Ex- Kandla – 11,900 (without GST)
- Soybean grain – 8,600 – Rs 8,900.
- Soybean loses – Rs 8,300 – 8,600.
- Maize Khal (Sariska) – Rs 3,800.
- Soyabean Oil Mill Delivery Delhi – Rs 14,500.
- Soybean Mill Delivery Indore – Rs 14,300.
- Soyabean Oil Degum, Kandla – Rs 13,000.
- CPO Ex-Kandla – Rs 11,400.
- Cottonseed Mill Delivery (Haryana) – Rs 13,700.