Nagaland Firing Incident: An firing incident has come to the fore in Nagaland. According to the report of Indrajit Kundu associated with India Today, so far, 14 people have been killed in this firing. One of them is also a soldier. This number may also increase. The whole incident is of Oting in the Mon district of Nagaland.
According to the report, after the civilians were killed, others in anger set fire to the security forces’ vehicles. It is being told that the security forces had gone under counter-insurgency operation in the area.
Nagaland’s Chief Minister Nefio Rio has reacted to this entire development. On the one hand, he has appealed to the people to maintain peace, and on the other hand, SIT has been formed to investigate the matter. Nefio Rio called the civilian killings unfortunate. He has also condemned it. Expressing condolences to the families of the deceased, Chief Minister Nefio Rio said that the SIT would investigate the matter and justice would be done as per law.
Nagaland Firing Incident
The unfortunate incident leading to killing of civilians at Oting, Mon is highly condemnable.Condolences to the bereaved families & speedy recovery of those injured. High level SIT will investigate & justice delivered as per the law of the land.Appeal for peace from all sections
— Neiphiu Rio (@Neiphiu_Rio) December 5, 2021
Union Home Minister Amit Shah has also given his reaction to this development. He tweeted,
I am saddened by the unfortunate developments in Oting, Mon, Nagaland. I express my condolences to the families of the deceased. The state government has constituted a high-level SIT to probe this development. The victims’ families will get justice.”
Anguished over an unfortunate incident in Nagaland’s Oting, Mon. I express my deepest condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives. A high-level SIT constituted by the State govt will thoroughly probe this incident to ensure justice to the bereaved families.
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) December 5, 2021
According to the report of India Today, the whole incident is from the Tiru village of Oting. The people killed in this incident at around 4 pm on December 4 were returning from a mini pickup truck. When these people did not return home, the villagers searched for them. On searching, the villagers found their bodies. After this, the villagers got angry, and they set fire to the security forces’ vehicles.
Given this development, the people of the Konyak community have decided to stay away from the ongoing Hornbill festival in Kohima.
On the other hand, the response of Assam Rifles has also come on this whole matter. In an official statement, it was said by the Assam Rifles that the movement of the insurgents in the area was very confirmed. Based on which the preparation for the operation was made.
Assam Rifles has expressed regret over this entire incident. Also said that this whole matter is being investigated at a high level, and the culprits will be punished according to the law. According to the statement of Assam Rifles, one soldier has lost his life, and some have been injured in this whole incident.