The BrahMos missile is a short-range ramjet, supersonic cruise missile. The BrahMos missile can launch from a submarine. A ship of water, from an aircraft, or even from the ground. This missile is based on Russian technology.
Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) successfully test-fired two BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles from Chandipur, Odisha on 17 December 2019. The missile was launch from Mobile Autonomous Launcher from Launch Complex-3 in the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur.
BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles successfully launch from ground and air platforms. The DRDO designed a missile airframe, fuel management system in it. This BrahMos missile can fire from land, sea, and sky.
BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile
According to DRDO, after testing surface-to-surface firepower, the second test was carried out with the SU-30 MKI fighter aircraft. This test was done by the Indian Air Force. The Indian Air Force fighter aircraft targeted the missile at the sea target. The missile destroyed it very easily.
Features of BrahMos Missile
• BrahMos missile is a short-range ramjet, supersonic cruise missile. The BrahMos missile can launch from a submarine. A ship of water, from an aircraft, or even from the ground. This missile is based on Russian technology.
• Marine and land versions of BrahMos missile have also successfully tested before. The firepower of this missile is very good. DRDO is constantly upgrading this missile.
• BrahMos is the most modern missile system ever develops by India and Russia. Weighing 2.5 tons capable of hitting the air to surface, the missile has a range of 300 km.
• BrahMos missile can fire day or night and in any weather. The firepower of this missile is accurate. BrahMos jointly develop by DRDO from India and NPOM from Russia.
• BrahMos is the only one-of-a-kind cruise missile in the world that can fire at supersonic speed. This missile has assigned to the Indian Army and the Indian Navy.
Name of BrahMos Missile
The missile name after the Brahmaputra of India and the Muskwa River in Russia. The speed of this missile is almost three times the speed of sound. This missile strikes the target at a speed of about three times the speed of sound.
The Indian Air Force had earlier fired two surface-to-surface BrahMos missiles in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands area in October. DRDO has been testing BrahMos missile for quite some time. The reason for this is that this missile is constantly being upgraded.
Follow Spot News 18 For Latest Science News. Find More Science News At Spot News 18. Follow Us.