Not only Brazil, popularly known as Black Pearl, but one of the biggest stars of world football, Pele’s tumour has been successfully operated on. After which, he is still in the recovery phase in the hospital itself. 80-year-old Pele, the only player to win 3 World Cups of football, said that he is completely healthy and is feeling better after the operation. Pele’s process took place last Saturday. The tumour was in his right colon. In a post on social media, he said that the tumour was detected when he got his checkup done last week.
Brazil Footballer Pele Recovering in Hospital
Pele’s operation was performed at the Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo. This hospital issued a statement saying that Pele is currently kept in the ICU, but it is expected that he will be shifted to the room later. The report also noted that the tumour from Pele’s colon had been sent for examination.
Want to celebrate successful operation with family
After the operation, Pele wrote to his family and friends on social media, “I want to celebrate this big victory with you all. I have faced it like a football match with a smile.” Pele has been hospitalised for the past six days. He had gone to the hospital for his annual checkup, in which the tumour was detected.
View this post on Instagram
Pele started playing football for Brazil at the age of 16. One of the biggest names in the football world, Pele has won 1958, 1962 and 1970 World Cups for Brazil. Pele is the highest goal scorer for Brazil. He has scored 77 goals in 92 matches. In his time, Pele was the highest-paid athlete in the world. After retiring from football in 1977, he became the ambassador of the game. In 2000, Pele was awarded the title of FIFA Player of the Century along with Maradona. Pele has played a total of 1363 matches in his entire career, in which he has scored 1283 goals. During this, the maximum of 92 hat tricks is also recorded in his name.