54 Chinese Apps Ban in India: The Government of India has banned 54 Chinese apps in the country. Officials aware of this development have informed the Economic Times. Officials said that the central government had issued new orders banning more than 54 Chinese apps as a threat to the privacy and security of Indians.
These apps are from big Chinese technology companies like Tencent, Alibaba, and NetEase. After the ban imposed by India in 2020, these apps were rebranded and launched in India.
54 Chinese Apps Ban in India
According to the Economic Times report, the Ministry of Electronics and IT has banned these apps, saying that they were transferring sensitive data of Indian users to foreign countries like China. The ministry has also directed top app stores, including Google’s Playstore, to block these apps.
An official said, ’54 apps have already been blocked from using in India through Playstore.’ The IT Ministry has exercised its powers under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000, to implement the new orders.
So far, 224 Chinese apps have been banned.
India had first banned the apps of Chinese companies in June 2020. After the martyrdom of 20 Indian soldiers in a skirmish with Chinese soldiers in the Galwan Valley, this action took place. About 40 soldiers of China were also killed in this clash. At the same time, after banning Chinese apps in June 2020, 224 apps have been banned in India so far.
In the first round, the Indian government banned 59 Chinese apps, including popular applications like Tiktok, Shareit, WeChat, Helo, Like, UC News, Bigo Live, UC Browser, ES File Explorer and Mi Community.
Which apps have been banned
According to the news agency ANI, 54 apps have been banned. Includes Beauty Camera: Sweet Selfie HD, Beauty Camera-SelfieCamera, Equalizer & Bass Booster, CamCard for Salesforce Entertainment, Ioland 2: Essays of Time Light, Viva Video Editor, Tencent XRiver, Onmoji Chase, Onmoji Arena, Applock, Dual Space Light Huh.
A senior official said that many of these apps are from companies like Tencent and Alibaba. These apps have also hidden their ownership. They are also being hosted from Hong Kong or Singapore, but the data eventually went to servers in China.
Full List of Banned Chinese Apps
- Beauty Camera: Sweet Selfie HD
- Beauty Camera – Selfie Camera
- Equalizer – Bass Booster & Volume EQ & Virtualizer
- Music Player- Music.Mp3 Player
- Equalizer & Bass Booster – Music Volume EQ
- Music Plus – MP3 Player
- Equalizer Pro – Volume Booster & Bass Booster
- Video Player Media All Format
- Music Player – Equalizer & MP3
- Volume Booster – Loud Speaker & Sound Booster
- Music Player – MP3 Player
- CamCard for SalesForce Ent
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time Lite
- Rise of Kingdoms: Lost Crusade
- IS/APUS Security HD (Pad Version)
- Parallel Space Lite 32 Support
- Viva Video Editor – Snack Video Maker with Music
- Nice video Baidu
- Tencent Xriver
- Onmyoji Chess
- Onmyoji Arena
- Dual Space Lite – Multiple Accounts & Clone App
- Dual Space Pro – Multiple Accounts & App Cloner
- DualSpace Lite – 32Bit Support
- Dual Space – 32Bit Support
- Dual Space – 64Bit Support
- Dual Space Pro – 32Bit Support
- Conquer Online – MMORPG Game
- Conquer Online The
- Live Weather & Radar – Alerts
- Notes- Color Notepad, Notebook
- MP3 Cutter – Ringtone Maker & Audio Cutter
- Voice Recorder & Voice Changer
- Barcode Scanner – QR Code Scan
- Lica Cam – selfie camera app
- EVE Echoes
- UU Game Booster-network solution for high ping
- Extraordinary Ones
- Stick Fight: The Game Mobile
- Twilight Pioneers
- CuteU: Match With The World
- Small World-Enjoy groupchat and video chat
- CuteU Pro
- FancvU – Video Chat & Meetup
- Real: Go Live. Make Friends
- MoonChat: Enjoy Video Chats
- Real Lite -video to live!
- Wink: Connect Now
- FunChat Meet People Around You
- FancyU pro – Instant Meetup through Video chat!
- Garena Free Fire – Illuminate