Amazon Prime Video Channels India: Video streaming platform Amazon Prime Video has launched Prime Video channels on its platform. Under this new service, Prime Video users will access exclusive content from 8 apps on its platform. For this, users will be able to use these apps without installing them on the device. Also, everyone’s content can be easily accessed.
Amazon Launches Prime Video Channels in India
Prime Video users will get to use Discovery+, Lionsgate Play, Docubay, Eros Now, MUBI, Hoichoi, Manorama Max, and Shorts TV within these eight apps. These apps can be used under add on subscriptions. Let us tell you that this prime video channel has started on 24 September.
Started from this country
Prime Video channel was introduced in the US five years ago, which got a good response. This service is available in 12 countries, including India and has more than 350 partner platforms.
Prime Video is available from TV to Tab.
Prime Video channel chief Chaitanya Dewan has told in one of his interviews that his platform has a good reach in India. Amazon Prime Video is watched in 99 per cent of India’s pin codes. He further said that Prime Video is already present in smart TVs, Android TVs, smartphones, computers, and laptops.
What will be the benefits
Users will be able to access the content of all the apps in one place. Along with this, they will also get the option to do so. For this, there will be no need to shut down the Prime Video apps or website. Also, Prime members will be able to take advantage of the introductory annual subscription offer, which will be available from OTT partners.
Price of OTT Apps in Prime Video Channels
- The annual price of Discovery+ is Rs 299.
- The subscription to DocuBay is Rs 499 for a year.
- The subscription to Eros Now is Rs 299 for a year.
- The Hoichoi can be used for a year by paying Rs 599.
- To watch Lionsgate play, Rs 699 will have to be spent per year.
- For manoramaMAX, users will have to pay Rs 699 for a year.
- The subscription of MUBI can be bought for Rs 1999, which will last for one year.
- Shorts TV subscription can be purchased for one year for Rs 299.