Covaxin or Covishield: In January, India started its COVID vaccination program to curb the devastating Corona in India with the whole world. At the same time, given the second wave of COVID-19 by the Government, the Central Government recently announced that from tomorrow, 1st May, all people above 18 years of age will be vaccinated in the country.
Covaxin or Covishield
For which the process of registration has also started from Thursday. This time, without registering online, you will not be able to apply for the vaccine. If you have not registered yet, then in this article, we will give you step-by-step registration. At the same time, we will also tell you how you can choose which vaccine you want to apply.
Two vaccines were approved based on the results of the initial trial. This includes Covishield (Oxford-AstraZeneca Developed) of Serum Institute of India (SII) and Covaxin of Bharat Biotech. However, Covaxin or Covishield vaccines are effective. Let us first tell you about the
Whole Process of Registration.
- First, go to the Arogya Setu App or Cowin website.
- Here a mobile number has to be entered, and then an OTP will come.
- After entering OTP, an account must be created, after which fill in name, age, gender and upload an identity card.
- If you are over 18 years of age, you will have to give your age proof.
- Then choose the vaccination centre and date.
- Four appointments can be made through a mobile number.
Once the registration is complete, the system ‘Account details’ will be shown, after which you will have to choose that hospital or Covid vaccine centre.
You can select the vaccine of your choice while choosing the centre.
- After registering, you will have the option to choose that hospital or Covid Vaccine Center.
- After clicking on the ‘Schedule Appointment’ button, you will see a list.
- The list will include the name of the hospital as well as the name of Covaxin or Covishield.
- You can choose the hospital where the vaccine of your choice is being placed according to your preference.
Can the first dose be of Covishield and the second of Covaxin?
Experts say that it should not be done by mistake. The Covaxin or Covishield vaccines are different, and their effect on the body’s immune response is also different. Therefore, during vaccination, you will have to take total doses of the same vaccine.
If both doses are of a different vaccine, it can have a terrible effect on the body. Apart from this, protection from COVID will also not be available. So always make sure that the first and second vaccines are from the same company.