The first document that is given to reveal your identity is Aadhaar Card. The value of the Aadhaar number in the country is known from this that the ID PAN card of the Income Tax Department has also been made mandatory to link to it.
But to ease the general public’s work, linking PAN card with the Aadhaar card was started long ago by the Income Tax Department and today, i.e. March 31, its last date has also come. Suppose you or any of your information has not yet linked your PAN card with the Aadhaar number. It will not have to be done today, or else the Government of India will impose a heavy fine in every case.
Today is the last date, but there is no need to be so upset because of the steps mentioned above. You can link your PAN card to Aadhaar by sitting at home on your own.
How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card
- First of all, you have to open the official e-filing website of the Income Tax Department.
- Click this link to open the website – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
- On the home page of the e-filing website, you will get the option of link Aadhaar; you have to click on it.
You can also access the webpage if you want ( by clicking here ).
- Fill in your PAN number, Aadhaar number, and other information about the Aadhaar card on this link.
- After filling in all the details, this detail will be verified by India’s Unique Identification Authority.
PAN card will be deactivated If you do not link
Tell that the Income Tax Department has already said that by the last deadline (31 March 2021), linking these two documents will make your PAN card inactive. Explain that PAN card is used in many ways. Such as PAN card is compulsory for transactions above 50000 rupees in the bank.
Late fees of 1 thousand rupees
The Central Government had earlier charged late fees of 1 thousand rupees for the delay in linking Aadhaar and PAN cards. For this fine, section 234H (Finance Bill) was introduced in the Lok Sabha, according to which a fine of up to 1000 rupees will have to be paid if the Aadhaar and PAN card is not linked. This Late Fee will be different from the penalty for holding a passive PAN card.