Contact can be easily transferred from the old Gmail account to the new version. Let’s know the whole way…
With the arrival of the smartphone, we have become so smart that we do not have to save every single contact as before now manually. Most of the tension we get while changing the phone is to transfer contacts, but all the contact data is automatically backed up through the Gmail account in Android.
How to Transfer Contacts from One Gmail to Another
Sometimes something happens when someone has to change their Gmail account, but there is a lot of fear of losing contacts in people’s minds. But you will be surprised to know that there exists a way through which contact can be easily transferred from the old Gmail account to the new account. Let’s understand the whole way…
First of all, keep in mind two things.
- You must have all the login information of both new and old Gmail account.
- The phone must have an internet connection.
Explain that two methods can be adopted to complete this process.
First way: via computer or Mac
- Open ‘contacts.google.com’ on the computer.
- Now click on the ‘More’ option.
- Now select ‘Export’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the next step, select the contacts that you want to transfer. After this, export them in ‘Google CSV’ format.
- After clicking on the ‘Export’ button, select the location on your computer, where you have to save your file.
- After exporting the CSV file, log out of your Gmail account. Now login to the new Gmail account. Note that in this, you have to select the Import option rather than Export. So by logging in, you have to choose the CSV file and tap on Import.
- Now delete your old Gmail account and add a new Gmail. Now, wait for the account to be in sync with your phone.
Second Way: Through Android Device
- First, open the Google Contact app on your phone.
- Now tap on the Menu button.
- Select the ‘Setting’ option by scrolling down.
- Tap on ‘Export’ in it.
- Now delete the old account and add a new account
- After this, go to the Contacts app.
- Tap the Menu button
- Select Import from the Import / Export section.
- Now tap on ‘Import from Storage’ and select Google.