iPhone Camera App: iOS15 is now available for Apple users. Apple has introduced some India-specific features like notification customization, more language support, a new dictionary for Siri, and the facility to make UPI payments directly from the camera app.
With UPI payments becoming popular day by day, Apple has introduced features overtime for the convenience of Indian users. Now, users upgrading to iOS15 will be able to make UPI payments directly from the iPhone’s camera app without going to their UPI app.
Use the iPhone Camera App to Make UPI Payment.
According to Apple’s iOS15 features page, an India-exclusive feature, iOS15 now lets users choose from 10 of their most recently used UPI payment apps when using the Camera app for business payments using the UPI QR code. Scan the code. This feature will help users make payments using UPI directly from their iPhone’s camera app, but they should keep a few things in mind. Firstly, UPI payments from the Camera app will not work for iOS15 beta users. You will need to upgrade the software to iOS15 to use the feature.
To upgrade to iOS15, go to Settings > General > Software Update. Next, download and install the official iOS15 variant.
You should also make sure that you have the UPI payment app that you prefer to use for payment. Next, you should ensure that you have enabled the Scan QR code toggle from the camera settings. Without these settings, you will not be able to make UPI payments using your camera app. After this, follow the given steps to make the UPI payment from your iPhone.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
- Point the camera at the UPI QR code where you want to make the payment.
- Once your camera recognizes the code, your most recently used UPI-payments app will appear in the viewfinder.
- Tap on the link that appears on the screen to proceed with the payment.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen with the message “Want to open the camera (name of your UPI payment app)”.
- Tap on Open.
- Next, continue with the steps you usually follow to make an online payment – enter the amount, message and press send or confirm to make the payment.
- If you want to use another UPI payment app, tap on QR Code Scanner at the bottom right corner of the viewfinder. You will see a menu with a list of UPI apps on your phone.
- Select the app from which you want to make the payment, allow your camera to use the app and follow the rest of the steps mentioned above.