In the 44th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), Chairman Mukesh Ambani has announced Jio Phone Next. It has been made in partnership with Reliance Jio and Google. This is a very affordable 4G smartphone, which will be available for sale in the Indian market from 10th September, i.e. Ganesh Chaturthi. The new smartphone will be equipped with features and apps from Jio and Google. It will work on Google Android-based operating system.
Jio Phone Next Price not disclosed
The price of Jio Phone Next has not been disclosed. But Mukesh Abani, chairman of Reliance Jio, has claimed that it will be the cheapest smartphone in India and the world. Mukesh Ambani announced that the new JioPhone Next is designed according to the needs of Indians, which will help make India 2G accessible. JioPhone Next will be first made available in the Indian market.
Then JioPhone Next will be offered for sale outside India. According to Mukesh Ambani, there are about 300 million 2G mobile phone users in India. One reason for this is the high price of the smartphone. In such a situation, Sundar Pichai and I had announced to present an affordable smartphone.
What will be special in Jio Phone Next
- Voice assistant will be supported in Jio Phone Next. Meaning the user will be able to search anything by speaking
- JioPhone Next will come with Automatic Read Aloud Screen Text feature. This will help the phone user to automatically convert the text written on the phone screen into audio. Also, a language translation feature will be available.
- Jio Phone Next users will be supported by Google Play Store so that users will be able to download apps.
- The phone will also get the best camera and Android updates.
- The optimized version of the Android operating system will be available on the phone.
- The launch of JioPhone Next will give tough competition to companies like Xiaomi, Samsung and Realme.
Indians will get a great experience.
Google CEO Sundar Pichai said that Jio Phone Next is specially made for India. It will be very beneficial for millions of Indians experiencing the Internet for the first time. A new 5G partnership between Google Cloud and Jio will help more than a billion Indians connect to faster internet. According to Reliance Jio Chairman Mukesh Ambani, Reliance Jio is number two globally in terms of data consumption. 630 million GB of data is consumed per month on Reliance Jio’s network. This is 45 per cent more than last year.