Link Pan Card to Aadhar Card: The process of filing income tax returns for the commoner was made online a long time ago. The government intended to digitalise this work that the general public should get rid of the government office’s long lines. Simultaneously, in addition to online, Sarkar has also made it mandatory to link Aadhaar and PAN card. The last date of this work is constantly increasing.
Link Pan Card to Aadhar Card
From the year 2019, the Income Tax Department had made Aadhaar and PAN linking mandatory, and its deadline is being improved continuously. Now March 31, 2021, is the last date to link Aadhaar and PAN. If you have not yet connected the Aadhaar-PAN, you may have to pay the penalty. Let us tell you everything about this penalty and some easy steps by which you can link Aadhaar and PAN card.
A late fee of 1 Thousand Rupees
The central government had earlier charged a late Rs 1,000 for the delay in linking Aadhaar and PAN cards. For this fine, section 234H (Finance Bill) was introduced in the Lok Sabha, according to which a fine of up to 1000 rupees will have to be paid if Aadhaar and PAN card is not linked. This Late Fee will be different from the penalty for holding a passive PAN card.
PAN card will be disabled
Please tell that the Income Tax Department has already said that your PAN card will become inactive by the last deadline (31 March 2021) if both these documents are linked. Explain that PAN card is used in many ways, such as PAN card is compulsory for transactions above 50000 rupees in the bank.
Therefore, our advice is that if you have not yet linked PAN and Aadhaar, do it immediately. Let us give you further information about these steps.
Easy Steps to Link Aadhaar PAN
- First of all, you have to open the official e-filing website of the Income Tax Department.
- Click this link to open the website – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
- On the home page of the e-filing website, you will get the option of link Aadhaar. You have to click on it.
You can also access the webpage if you want ( by clicking here ).
- Fill in your PAN number, Aadhaar number. And other information about the Aadhaar card on this link.
- After filling in all the details, this detail will be verified by India’s Unique Identification Authority.