Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Twitter handle has been hacked on Thursday morning. After the hacked Twitter account of the Prime Minister of the country, the fear of getting hacked of his Twitter account has increased among the common people. But if Twitter users take care of certain things, then perhaps they can save their Twitter account from being hacked. Let’s know some such tips
Do’s and don’ts
- A Twitter user should create a strong password of 10 characters.
- The uppercase, lowercase, number, and symbol of the keyboard must be used when setting the password.
- Users should create a separate password for each social media account.
- Personal information such as phone number, a birthday should not be used while creating a password.
- Users should not use dictionary words like I love you while creating a password.
- Do not use a sequence number like abcd1234 when creating a password.
Adopt this best practice
- Two-Step Verification provides an extra security layer to your Twitter account. Also, if an unknown person tries to hack your account, Twitter will notify you. For two-step verification, go to more options of Twitter, from there go to setting and privacy option and enable two-step verification.
- Using a one-time password with log-in verification can increase the security layer and thus keep the account more secure. With the lawn-in verification, the person who will have your password and mobile number. He will be able to access your account.
- Always update your browser and use the current version browser. This will help to keep your account secure from hackers.
- Must add e-mail and phone number for a password reset. Also, avoid clicking suspicious links on Twitter.
- Do not give username and password to any third party who offers to increase followers and make money.
- Always check that your computer software and browser are up to date. Also, use anti-virus in phones and laptops.
- Please crosscheck the URL once while logging into Twitter. Always log in to Twitter.com or Twitter.com/login.