WhatsApp has announced the addition of a feature in its app that people have been waiting for a long time. With the help of this feature, users will be able to join the missed group video or voice call later. This means that if someone gets a call and misses that call, then if the call is going on, he can join this group video or voice call in between. Users can quickly join the missed voice or video call by going to the call tab.
Whatsapp Missed Video and Voice Calls
Announcing this feature of WhatsApp, Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of a Facebook-owned company, said, “We are launching joinable calls in WhatsApp. Now, if you are added on a group call, or you have missed a call, you can join it anytime.”
Info screen for missed group voice and video calls
The company said in its blog post that this new joinable calls feature would remove the tension of answering video and voice calls as soon as possible. With this, users will be able to communicate in group calls. The company wrote in the blog post, “As group calls continue to grow in popularity, we are working to improve the experience for our users – while still providing the security and privacy of end-to-end encryption.” Huh.
Today we’re introducing the ability to join a group call even after it has started. Some of the best conversations happen when you least expect it. Now, even if someone in your group misses a call when their phone rings, they can still join whenever they want. With this, you can rejoin after drop-off till the call goes through.”
The company further said that it had created a call info screen to know how many people are on the call and who were invited, but they have not joined. If you click on ‘ignore’, you can join the call again through the call tab. The company has started rolling out the joinable call.
You will be able to join missed video calls like this
- You will get a notification when someone joins the group video call.
- If you can’t join, tap on ‘ignore’. If you want to open the call info screen, then tap on ‘join’.
- On the call menu, you can preview the call participants and other invites.
- Tap ‘Join’ to join the call – While on call, tap Open to open the call info screen.
- If you want to add more people, click on Add participant.
- Tap on ‘RING’ to send notifications to the people who have been invited there.
How to join a missed voice call
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the CALLS tab
- If the call is going on, then tap on it if you want to join it. This will adopt the call info screen.
- Tap on Join from the call menu.