In the period of lockdown, people are adopting online money transfer tool to purchase essential goods instead of physical contact. There are many UPI based money transfer platforms at present in the country. WhatsApp’s UPI-based payment tool is also one of them. WhatsApp has 250 to 300 million users in India, who can transfer money through WhatsApp using a UPI linked bank account. The WhatsApp pay option is currently available in a limited number for Android and iOS smartphone users. The UPI based WhatsApp Payment feature supports ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and State Bank in today’s times.
How To Use WhatsApp Pay Feature
- You have to go to the setting of WhatsApp and tap on the payment option.
- After this, the Add New Account option has to be selected, which is present at the top of the bank account.
- Now tap on the Accept option and read the given instructions carefully.
- After this, the verification process has to be done by SMS. Followed by UPI
- To initiate the linked process, the instructions to send must follow.
- On its next tab, you will get a chance to choose a bank account. In this way your
- WhatsApp payment feature will start.
- If your bank account linked to the registered WhatsApp number, you will send a message, and your UPI setup will complete, which will appear on your screen.
WhatsApp pay service implemented in India in a phased manner. In such an initial phase, only about 10 million people in the country will be able to take advantage of this service. Facebook-owned company WhatsApp started WhatsApp Pay in the year 2018. But the Central Government and the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) were not allowed to implement this service in India. However, the latter has approved with some improvement.
Spot News 18 Is An Online News Website. At Spot News 18 You Find All The Latest News Updates Happening Around The World. Get Breaking News Online.